Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bad to the bone...


I broke a thousand hearts, before I met you babe...I'll break a thousand more pretty babe before I am through...I'm bad to the bone....

This is my latest creation..  a Harley Davidson cake with all the trimmings. Dark chocolate mud cake covered with grenache, then Black icing and silver lustre dust. There was about 7kgs of chocolate alone in it. The bored measured 1.3mtrs x 1mtr long. I hand painted the board to give the effects of leaping flames. Many hours of work went into this one, and research on the 2009 model. Designing the layout. (Thanks to my computer whiz husband who made up a scaled template for me so I could get the diamentions right for the cutting of the outlines. Thanks Honey you're awesome!

I enjoyed working on it, as always delivering it to the venue proved to be more stressful than normal because of the heat. I arrived there only to spend fifteen precious minutes trying to get a trolley and into the room with no air-conditioning running. (I'm resolving that problem by buying my own trolley, just have to fit it in the car with the cakes!) Fondant doesn't like heat and neither does chocolate so to arrive and have delays on a hot day for a cake lady is stressful.

I didn't leave until they turned on the air-con, my cake needed the cool air, and I hated the thought of it all wilting before the party even began and the guests arrive.

My creation was a success, the feedback I had was very positive with the birthday boy loving his cake.

Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment