Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Does the shoe fit?

Today I embarked on a new cake decorating aventure! It was to create the one thing most women can't live without at least one pair of in the wardrobe. Shoes!! Not just any old shoe, something elegant, a simple shoe that looked like it belonged on an a woman walking the streets of Paris going to to dinner... So where do we start! Thanks to a tutorial on cake decorating central I had a starting place for my first gumpaste high heeled shoe.

A few instructions and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some fondant and start...

I created the supports out of a plastic drinking bottle, so you see there are more than one way to recyle.
With the heel on 1/2 an hour later I left it to set...cuppa tea anyone!

As you can see it slowly started to look like a shoe.... The finished shoe about 4 1/2 hours later. I still had my support in there when I took the photo because I was so excited to have finished it. Unfortunately I only had my phone for photo's...

So here it is! My cute little Ivory and black shoe with poker dots, and it can be eaten too! Shoes with chocolate fondant, a woman's dream come true in one little package. :)
But I should thank my patient apprentices, after all someone needed to taste test the gumpaste, push the boundaries and admire my work in their own unique way. My eldest called it a "Pretty Princess shoe." Her little sister..."Shoe...yummy!"
.

No comments:

Post a Comment